Jojoba Oil, the Miracle Oil for Extra Dry Skin

About one month ago, this old picture of me looking so mad is exactly how I felt about my skin situation. I was having a terrible time with extremely dry skin brought on by wintertime dry air. I didn’t realize it at first but all of my regular makeup and moisturizers were making the problem that much worse.  Even my toothpaste was burning my lips and drying them out. All of this drying out of my skin then caused alot of hyperpigmentation.  Dark spots and discoloration, y’all.  I was having a nightmare of a time!  I normally get a case of dry skin during the winters months, but nothing at all like this time!  Over the past year, my skin had become extremely sensitive, and prone to dryness.  I’ve been trying to figure this out, because during the summer, I had a case of very bad breakouts which I attribute to product junkyism.  While I was trying all of those hair moisturizers, my face was screaming NO! I think that all the product testing that I did may have even caused me to get eczema, because they say it can be caused by allergic reactions to chemicals. So in my mind, I say that product junkyism is the cause of all my skin problems.  So what do I do now?  I tried using some of the other products that I had on hand already.  Noxema, St Ives, and Black Opal. None of these worked. I used Shea Butter and Coconut Oil, and they just sat on my skin but didn’t
help to moisturize it.  But there was one natural product that I had on hand and had forgotten about.  My jojoba oil.  From my previous research, jojoba oil is said to be close in structure to our own natural sebum and is readily absorbed by the skin.  It also is not as greasy and heavy as other natural oils so it doesn’t clog the pores.  In addition, it’s very gentle on the skin.
So I started to use only jojoba oil on my badly damaged skin.  My parched face was extremely thirsty for this moisture and absorbed this oil very quickly.  I was reapplying the oil every two hours or so.  Within two days, I started to see remarkable results.  The tightness and discomfort went away.  The dryness started to subside and the damaged skin started to peel off, bit by bit.  The best part was that I haven’t gotten any pimples from using so much of this oil!  Then I decided to switch back to my Iman makeup which is less harsh than the Black Opal that I had been using. Now it’s about trying to get my skin back to its previous state such as it was in my mad picture above.
I have to say that this has been the worst ordeal of my life and I will remember the year 2009 and the first month of 2010 in just this way. This ordeal has cured me completely of product junkyism.  But I thank God because when I started to pray in earnest, He reminded me of the jojoba oil, the cure which was right in my closet all along.  Praise Him!

1. Nicole says:

See what happens when we go to God in prayer? I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! He is so good! I love to hear the answer to prayer! It encourages me so much and makes me so very happy! I am so happy for you! Holla and big big ups for The Holy Spirit!!!!!

2. Nicole says:

By the way, the short hair on you is cool looking!

3. Glad to hear that the jojoba oil is working for you and ,even moreso that it was something you didn't have to purchase.

Thanks, Nicole! God answers big and small prayers! I really enjoyed having short hair while it lasted–about three years.Thanks Chocolate Orchid! I'm relieved that something finally is working. Now I need to get my skin back to an even tone–with natural products!

5. Tamstyles says:

just stopping in to say hello.

Hi Tammy!

7. I've got to get some Jojoba. Lotions just do cut it in the winter. I'm learning more and more each day that God has truly provided us with everything we need and no one needs to do a thing to tamper with it to make it better. This is a blessing straight from HIS hand.

Welcome In Word Adorning! Amen, Sister! Yes He has, and no we don't!

9. My daughter has beautiful skin and I lather her skin daily with tons of Extra Moisturizing Eucerin. I believe because she is young, her skin stays pretty but I know that her skin eats up lotion quickly. Her hair, I just stopped doing it myself and plan to take her to a professional bi-weekly now. I do not want a relaxer in it because I have flat ironed it for the past 2 years. Is that a bad thing??May

Hi May! You're doing well to lather your daughters skin with lotion! It's a good habit that she'll keep doing throughout her life. As for her hair, I remember you said her long hair was breaking off. Flat ironing can be harsh on a young girl's hair, because of the extreme heat. I believe that you're doing the right thing NOT to relax her hair. There are alot of blogs and video tutorials to help you to properly care for your girl's hair. If you keep chemicals and irons from her hair and use a good moisturizer, your girl's hair will grow back really long as it was!