Oprah, You’re Pissing Me Off! Love, From Your Homegirl, Anna Renee

I’m not sure what’s up with my girl Oprah.  What I know for sure is that she’s ticking me off a little bit more with each passing day, and episode.  She has been slowly destroying the love that I have for her, being the most powerful and influential woman in the known universe!  I’ve been getting the feeling that she’s trying to make a fool of me as a SBW, a strong black woman, and I’m not really feeling that!
OK Anna Renee, why are you saying all this?  I’ll tell you why.  Because lately, she’s been parading some sad, sorry, and simple black folks on her show! And it ain’t necessary.  I can’t trust my girl no more.  I can no longer anticipate the bewitching hour, 4pm PST, where I run to my TV shouting “Oprah’s On!”, like I used to.  It’s with trepidation that I check to see what Oprah’s talking about these days. And recently it’s been a sad state of affairs.

In the past ten days, she’s had some rough subjects concerning black folks on her show.  It’s so seldom when she has black folks on the show, that I expect exemplary stuff when they do come on.  For example she had  Monique’s brother on her show, admitting to molesting Monique for who knows how long or why.   The brother was really rough looking, like maybe molesting his own sister, who’s now famous, really wore on him. After about 10 seconds, seeing the brother sitting in Oprah’s judgement seat, having the audacity to tell her audience and the world whatever he did, made me turn it off.  What possess you to come on that show and air that filthy laundry?  I turned to Judge Judy.  Then a few days later I tip toed to my remote and fearfully clicked to Oprah, and she did it again!  I was assaulted with the torture of watching  Todd Bridges talk about the abyss that was his life nearly twenty years ago. I was about to turn the channel but my husband had just got home from work and became interested.  He thought it was relevant to watch, as the brother spoke his truth.  OK. So Oprah, you’ve recently showcased murderers, male pedophiles, female pedophiles,  female sexual child abusers, and women who sexually abuse their own sons!  So I’m thinking that this lurid stuff is out of her system, and we can finally have a show maybe about how her girls are progressing at her school in South Africa, or how the Katrina victims she helped are doing in their new homes that she and they and Habitat for Humanity built for them.

OK Oprah, we’ve seen the madness that is Rielle, John Edward’s baby mama,  we’ve watched all the sorry Hollyweird types, and what not.  Now Oprah, can you do another show about something relevant and uplifting?  So a few more days later, again I slowly clicked on the show and that wench did it to me once AGAIN!  She gave me Naomi Campbell trying to explain why she be acting like a daggone fool, busting people upside they heads with her cellphones!
OK Oprah!!  It’s like that hunh, baby girl?  Well I got something for you! Just like ugly Wanda said, I’m just about RET TO GO!! I’m tired of waiting, girl!  Your show is about to be the new Jerry Springer, with all this mess you putting on there!
I got to tell you, though, Oprah, I’m dissappointed in you.  Is this how you want to go out? You about ready to call it quits on the show and this is how you do it?  You are so much better than this, Oprah!!

I was thinking about this. Why?  What is her reason for bringing in all this black pathology on her show?   I hope it’s not for ratings, or to jump on the black bashing bandwagon. Recently, “provocateur” Erica Jong called Oprah a “Professional Negro in a piece she wrote for the Huffington Post.  Oprah, you wouldn’t sell us out to prove that you’re not a professional Negro, would you?  Or maybe you’re trying to show that you are balanced in your reporting.  Maybe you want your audience to understand that you know that black folks are crazy too, and that we do that crazy stuff too.  Whatever your reasons, I want you to acknowledge that you were wrong for bringing Todd, Monique’s brother and Naomi on your show to parade them before your audience like that.
Now Imma give you one more chance later today.  If you don’t do something positive and uplifting or socially redeeming, that’s not about Hollyweird or Skype, then Imma have to cut you loose and let you drop.

1. LOL! This was mad funny and I like your voice!

Hey Eddie! Oprah's my girl, and I felt the need to pull her coat about a few thangs! It's all good though, because I might give her another chance later today!

3. Max Reddick says:

I have a problem with people trotting out various species of black pathology for public examination period. This is the issue in my mind. While we must confront pathology in our community, thus we must bring it out into the open and begin the requisite conversations around it, when just the publicizing and examination of these pathologies become the end, and not the curing of these pathologies, it simply becomes an exercise in voyeurism.

Hey Max, I like the old school where we dealt with our issues in the privacy of our culture!! Then came Jerry Springer and shame fled. People will say and do anythiing for a mere 15 seconds of infamy!! But I'm a bit surprised by Oprah. She even brought on those 3 black brothers who were starved and held hostage and didnt grow properly. I didn't believe she did it because of her desire to check on them, now that they've been rescued and are doing better. I dont know what motivates Oprah, I dont believe she beholden to corporate interests, but who knows? Is it possible that residing with the stars of Hollyweird can reprogram one's brain? Can one actually have a Triple consciousness? Seeing ones black self through oppressor eyes, and Hollyweird eyes as well?The air up THERE has got to be very thin. Let out the helium, Oprah, and coast back down to earth, and I'll forgive you!!!

5. Nicole says:

I stopped watching Oprah a long time ago. I like the encouraging uplifting stuff, personally. I just happened to be at the salon the other day speaking to my beautician about hair color and saw Edwards mistress and I wondered myself why she was on the show. I believe Oprah is above that mess. Oh well.

Greetings, Sista Anna Renee:

Seems like we black people can’t speak in a critical way about Our Grand Dame Oprah without it coming off as hateration. Well, guess what? I’ma speak on things as I sees & feels ’em & the rest be damned! I don’t KNOW the woman personally. Chances are iImight like her. Still, there are some things, some behaviorial issues that make me a tad, a tid-bit leery of her * authentic* emotional life.

Example: When I discovered she (Oprah) was about to have that lying psychotic white chick would threw lye into her OWN face but claimed that a Black man had done it, initially, that signaled something very dangerous in O’s show, her content, the messages she’s sending to the world, & it continues to be. So this chick was willing to go on O, where Oprah woulda hugged her, let her LIE, & get misty, all the while play the empathetic Mami role & further demonize black men, right?

GTFOH!

You know what it is, Anna? I think I’ve figured out a part of the puzzle:

Once upon a time, sSomeone White saw such lovely potential in Orpah, & gave her that big break back in the day. Maybe black folks recognized her gifts also, but what the hell did WE OWN? How could WE have given her her big break? Obviously & to her credit, Oprah doesn’t forget, & now that she’s a BILLIONAIRE, what does she do? It’s become: fug you black folks & LOVIN on the white ones. It’s become HER thing to help out other WHITE folks, while showcasing black folks in a most unfavorable light (unless they are rich black friends like Quincy, Maya, Sidney P, Will & Jada– they can hang) .

Meanwhile, just check out the people who now have their OWN shows (no pun), & who are now raking in mad dough & have become their own cottage industries. Dr’s. Phil & Oz. Rachel Ray, Nate what’s-his-face & dem.

Meanwhile, where oh where are the black people’s at? They are non-existent.

Now O has every right to hire who she chooses, & feature who she chooses on her show, but what that says about Oprah Winfrey (Negro Woman Of The South), mentally, is pretty… ummm… pathological.

(ponder)

I love it when people just come out with how they feel and stuff!!! Tell us how you REALLY feel!!!

Yeah, Oprah’s not a bazillionaire for no reason, son! She’s in cahoots with the break the black man/woman media. Showcase the sadness of their pathology and the strangeness of their inability to right themselves!! Then maybe you, white girl, wont feel so bad about your fat azzed thighs!

Im jus sayin.

Oprah’s a BILLIONAIRE!!! B as in BIG MONEY ILLIONAIRE!!! And she’s only 56 years old and she was a billionaire at 50 or 51 probably!!!!

Lin, that costs sumptin for a black female media mogul to be a billionaire. First throw out any militant loyalty to black people. I got to give it to her. She tried with her production of Color Purple and Women of Brewster Place and Maya Angelou and stuff.
      Her white sistergirls weren’t having it.
      So back to her black out or black pathology shows.

The only black folks I see on her show are well known black celebrities and you mentioned them all. Count them on one and half hands.

But like a crack fiend, I can’t let her goooooooo!!! She’s my crack!!! So I’m hoping that since she’s in syndication on ch 7 at her regular time slot (she’s got it like that) maybe they’ll show her old old shows and I’ll see some black folks.

But I wonder. She had the nerve to show that Primo Racist Mark Fuhrman, and give him the floor to explain his side of things!!!!!!!!! WTF, WTH, What on EARTH, and other epithets I can’t think of right now!!!!
      Haven’t OJ suffered enough for that white poontang??? I hope it was worth it though 😉 but I digress.

I might have to go into rehab from Oprah for 2011.

7. Yuth says:

@Lin: “When I discovered she (Oprah) was about to have that lying psychotic white chick would threw lye into her OWN face but claimed that a Black man had done it,”

sorry, but that crazy lying lady blamed a Black WOMAN for the lye, not a black man – so the further demonization of black women from Oprah.