In Honor of BNO–The Love of My Life!

Sometimes in the busyness of life, in the striving that is called life, we stop paying attention to the most important small things.  Those things that don’t cost us any money, but are priceless all the same.

Those things that strengthen our relationships with our mates–marriage relationships, family relationships, friendships.  Those words of encouragement to a friend who may be feeling discouraged for whatever reason.  That hug that your sister or brother doesn’t even know that they really need from you.  Those honoring thoughts you have for your husband or wife that you haven’t expressed–but instead, have been selfishly keeping to yourself.

I caught myself doing this.  Thank God.  Now I can correct the error of my ways.   I wonder if any of you have ever done this?  So I’m honoring the man who chose me to be his wife.

Because he is a very hard working man.  I don’t say that because I wait for him to bring me a bunch of stuff, though I love receiving gifts from him.  I say it because he has responsibilities and he takes care of them.  He doesn’t run from them, but stands face to face and handles his business!  I admire that greatly about him.

Because he’s a sensitive man.  No, not a wimp, but a real man.  He cares, about people–about their situations.  He does his best always to encourage those whose paths he cross who are in need of encouragement.  I’m fascinated by and love this aspect of his personality.

Because he’s funny!  I love a witty, intelligent, down to earth person who can laugh at those funny things of the world.  I’m not talking about those stupid hurtful kinds of jokes or childish humor.  I’m talking about those things that one must have lived a life–one must have some knowledge to understand as being funny.  Those ironies of life.   Not everything that is serious has to be looked at seriously all the time, and I love that he gets this!  He understands.

Because he’s got a fiery personality as well!  We both have very similar temperaments in this regard!  I’m excited by someone who can engage with me–someone who won’t back down when I get fired up!  Someone who has the strength to deal with me, because I know how I am.   I’m not talking about being harsh, but knowing the right words to say to me.    Someone who is mature enough to properly handle the kind of fire burning in me.  We both had to learn how to properly handle each other and it has been challenging!   But it’s exciting none the less!

Because he looks good!!  All day, everyday!  Fashionable, suave, classic, manly. POWERFUL!   Enough said.

Today, I wanted to honor BNO for the good man that he is and I wanted to tell him once again that I love him very much!!

1. N3 says:

Much respect! Handling your responsibilities in life is not easy, thank you for the positive read……people would know that others loved them if they just took time to say it. You can not fear other peoples responses to your truths. Have a great weekend!

Blessings! No its not easy, but its worth it!
      You have a great weekend too!

2. Thanks for the ups with the new blog. It’s mostly going to be about my exodus for the military, the girls, and just everyday crap we have to put up with. I’m going to do my best to keep it clean but whatever will be will be. We’ll see what happens. BTW if you came here and saw the sheer VOLUME of the confederate battle flag being flow you would have a fit. And it’s only around the base. They don’t fly that garbage in the rest of N.C.

I certainly would! Not feeling the Confederate flag! There’s a youtube of a old black man who flies it with all pride!! LOL, but SMH!! I bet if he walked in the wrong rally they’d still lynch his azz!!
      With your blog, you got to speak it just how you feel it, and certain words are the only words that will work!!! Do you, dirt diggler! Ha ha!

3. James McCoy says:

Thank you for doing what every “real man” needs and desire!

4. Mark says:

Great post. Much love to both you and your partner and salute to both of your good fortune for being able to meet and recognize each other.

@Big Mac–I just love him, that’s all.

@ Mark–I’m glad I’m his and I intend to keep it that way!

6. R.OVERTON says:

I AM VERY MUCH HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR HUSBANB YOU HAVE GAIN SO MUCH OVER THE YEARS IT IS GREAT TO HEAR YOUR CONFIDENCE IN YOUR HUSBAND KEEP IT POSITIVE RENEE STAY IN YOUR BLESSING ,REMEMBER GOD SAID. ,MAN WHO FINDS A WIFE ,FINDS A GOOD THING.

7. asabagna says:

Awwwww… so sweet!

Excellent post!

He’s sweeter! 😉

This is beautiful!!!!

Thanks, Reggie! He deserves it all, and more than that!