The Black Miracle – Dr. Na’im Akbar

Black man black woman, do you know that your life is a miracle?  In spite of all that has come against you spiritually, mentally, physically and especially psychologically, if you are standing upright and are in your right mind, God has the right to receive praise from you!

1. Jason says:

Thanks Anna. Dr. Akbar is a hero and an inspiration to me. “Visions For Black Men” has been an instructional and motivational reference manual for me since it came out. The man is brilliant!

I’m just now becoming familiar with his speeches. I’ve read his books twenty plus years ago, but now I find a wealth of videos of his oratory and spoken wisdom. Plus he speaks Ebonics! I love it when brilliant minds express truth in my native language! 😉 It resonates more deeply in my spirit.

2. brothawolf says:

Thanks for the video and the post overall. I admit I still need some help breaking through the psychological chains, and it’s videos like this that helps me with my mission.

It’s a blessing just to realize that you need to and to be able to admit it. Some folks cannot admit that and cannot move forward. I deeply admire brothas like you.

1. brothawolf says:

Thanks, but even so, I may still succumb, every now and then, to the programming that entrapped me for so long. It will be a difficult, even painful, lifelong struggle, but I more than welcome it even if I have to do it alone.

That’s understandable but if you’re willing to continue struggling, the struggle will become less and less. Believe it.

Interesting post….interesting indeed.