My new follower and blog friend, Ms Coco Rivers who is the owner of the blog Streams of Consciousness has just honored me and my little blog by choosing it for the Liebster Blog Award and I’m stoked about it! This is so cool because on Sunday (1-8-12) I uploaded that LTD video in my sidebar called Love To The World. In the video there is a person with the word Love printed on his hand in numerous languages, and my eye was drawn to the word Liebe. That same day I was singing the song and my singing turned to a prayer just as the song is a prayer. So immediately when I see the name of this award I know it has something to do with love. It actually means beloved or favorite.
I’ve been blogging for almost three years now. This writing process has been inspiring, humbling, frustrating and sometimes a little discouraging. Just last month I felt like posting that Anna Renee is no longer talking. Sometimes I feel that way. Yet something drags me back to this blog. Daily, actually. I have so much I want to share. It gets kinda weird sometimes. But in the midst of my confusion, an angel comes along and acknowledges my work and once again, I’m energized. So I’m thanking Coco Rivers for reading and liking my blog. You all should read her blog because sister girl is something! A sweet rabble rouser, and I so much love sweet rabble rousers. 😉
And now, I’m paying it forward. As the rules of this award stipulate, I will list my top five favorite blogs with under 200 followers. For those winners who participate: copy and paste this award on your blog, choose five bloggers you love, link back to them, and go tell them you chose them!
1. Ankhesan Mie How do I describe this sister? She’s fierce, brilliant, straight-forward, sharp shooting! She pulls not one punch. Not one. You’re gonna get it if you deserve it. But on the inside of that sharp beautiful diamond is a heart of gold! Her’s is my favorite blog because I know I’m gonna be challenged. She wastes no time writing about fluff. She refuses to suffer fools, and I like that about her!
2. Moanerplicity My Eastsiiiiiide Brother! Mad poetic skills that dazzle and smack and uplift and spin you around! Moaner moans in his joy and riffs on his pain and returns to his beautiful creative center each time. He’s my brother and he’s heavy!
3. Moet with Medusa. Dont let his name fool you, he’s a beautiful soul, a sweet brother, and a killer poet. Introspective and out there and just the one to clink a glass in a toast to life with. Right now Oshun is smiling on him & if you hurry you can watch!
4. Phyllis Remastered Sister Honoree Fanonne Jeffers the Black Library Girl She’s a poet, and a Professor of English and social commenter. She’s known for calling out brothers when they know they’re wrong and she call out the sisters too! That goes for Oprah as well. 😉 She is the grand dame of the south, and if you’re bold enough to speak when she holds court, you best not forget your manners!
5. Carolyn Moon Perspectives beautiful sister, full of wisdom and power and intelligence. I love Carolyn because she’s an example of the grace and beauty of our elders. She’s a young elder tho! 🙂 Her perspective is black and female and history and future and I aspire to be just like her when I grow up.
So those are my favorites. These writers give me life. I love them all, and so will you once you get to know them. Thanks Again, Ms Coco Rivers
Peace and blessings