The irony is that his ancestors had already been here for thousands of years, when Native Americans helped the first Europeans survive in this savage land. I wonder sometimes if when people talk about making English the official language, if they ever spend a moments time wondering what language would be spoken here if Europeans hadn’t come here 500 years ago.

It sure as hell wouldn’t be English.

Hatred, bigotry and racism are the American way.

What they did to this man in that “school” is demonic. I often ponder what this level of hatred is. It’s unspeakably shameful.

We Americans like to tout ourselves are keepers of the flame where freedom and fairness is concerned, when that’s just a ton of bullshit.

We are fearful of anything that doesn’t look like us when we look in the mirror. We are fearful of anyone who doesn’t think exactly like we do. And when I say we, I’m not talking about me.

It’s so strange that “we” as America tout this falsehood of a melting pot mentality. Like someone said, We are the scorch on the bottom of that pot. More and more of whats in that pot is burning.

The American Empire is quickly waning. That is the truth.

2. jjbrock says:

That reminds me of how our ancestors, was not allow to speak their native language either. He said he didn’t know English back in that day and was not allowed to talk in his native tongue nor practice his native ways. WOW!

There are no words to describe what it must mean to be stripped of your voice to this extent. He said that the trauma caused him to even lose his memory of his language!!! But the loss is so deep for him.

It’s so unspeakably sad….there just are no words to speak about it.

Howwwwdeeeeeeee, Anna May Ruby Pearl Opal Belle Ollie Bess… ummm… Clampett! *smiles* (that’s me being silly, while simutaneously showing you MAD LOVE!)

On the real: whenever someone in this country speaks of the ‘genocide’ being waged in OTHER countries, it’s like they’ve a very short and selective memory span of what was done to the Native American tribes, right here in the good ole US of A.

I feel this man’s pain. I feel his people’s pain. Between us there are very few differences.

I could do with a little bit ‘a that Clampett….Texas tea! ‘specially since Ah’m right here in Californee already! lol!

Yes, when I saw this video, my heart dropped for his pain. Pain has a way of lingering for years and years. I want to hug him, but I dont think it would be enough. What do you do when your native voice is literally beaten out of you?

You wile, Anna May! Wile, I say! Californee??? LMBAO!!!! I just LOVE it someone gets me, SMELLS me & rides shotgun all the way wid me on that trip to Crazytown!

But seriously:

No. I don’t think a hug alone would help this man. He’s too damaged inside his psyche, and all beat up mentally & spiritually. But the saddest thing is that while he hasn’t recovered from this spirit slaughter, even at his age, somewhere in some school today that isht will still go on, and some kid will be forever damaged by it.