Malik Yoba Says Men Should Cheat With Integrity

I love MukamiTV!  I wait in joy filled anticipation for each new episode.  Mukami always seeks outstanding people to interview.  She asks the basic questions then steps aside and allows the interviewee to speak.   We then get a glimpse into the way they think and how they manifest their greatness.

Mukami’s latest show does not disappoint.  This time she’s interviewing Malik Yoba, of New York Undercover fame.  Who didn’t love that show?  That show introduced me to Erykah Badu, for goddess sake!   I learned that Ice T could actually act by watching that show!  So much good hip hop music was featured on that very show!

*Sidebar* I loved ogling Malik Yoba back in the day. He is such a gorgeous specimen of african manness – too black and too strong!  To quote Lisa Lisa’s words of wisdom,  “Oooh baby, I think I love you from head to toe”!    I loved everything about him in New York Undercover, from his voice, to his edginess, to those epic lips!  Malik baby, let me sooth your lips with some of my healing oils!   I got some honey suckle chocolate dripping kisses full of love for you, and your lips!  Yes I said it!

But I digress.

Anyway, Mukami is interviewing the brother and the conversation took an unexpected left turn down a dark alley.   That alley that women (and some men) hate to go.  That Cheater’s Alley, filled with all kinds of juicy self indulgences.  Mukumi bravely walks along side Malik as he shines a weak flash light around in that alley, trying to see what’s there.   Let’s go along with them, then come back and tell me what you saw.

After reading this I feel like I shouldn’t have intruded….that I should have left you and Malik alone………..for some quality time.

That’s alright, I’ve had plenty of quality time with him already.

When used together, there’s something about the words ‘cheating ‘ & ‘integrity’ that seem somewhat oxymoronic, don’t you think, Anna May? They cancel each other out. How can one be both & still be okay with it?

I do think that when someone steps out & has an affair, often it has little to do with love, or deep desire & it becomes more about getting some strange, some new azz along with the extra bonus of emotional validation.

So if someone can do that, cheat, and NOT hurt, belittle, endanger or embarrass the partner they truly love, maybe there’s a certain strain of integrity to that.

*ponders*

I thought it was interesting how brother Malik spoke about the “Cheating Gene” research that had been done, that says men are predisposed to cheating. Yet he contradicts himself in the lyrics of his own song.

It’s interesting how we know right from wrong innately, but go through all kinds of contortions to justify the stuff we do.

Methinks cheating falls into all those other vices in life (such as lying, stealing, gambling, fighting, etc), ALL of which, we, each of us, has free will, & thus, we can CHOOSE to go or NOT go w/ that base instinct.

3. blackmystory says:

Any excuse will do. Lin said it best, how can you cheat with dignity? That moron ox is raging!!!

“That moron ox is raging!!!” OOOOOH, I just got that! I’m slow.

It’s a trip how society MANipulates the minds of men, to live on the lowest vibrational level in terms of relating to women. To follow behind the head between his legs, like a zombie. Yet men are taught to believe that manhood resides in thoughts of his brainless member.
    Some brothers even channel all of their God given talents to the service of their dix, and think they’re enlightened while doing it, like Malik, with his sad song.

Brother Malik mentioned King Solomon, Tiger Woods, John Edwards, Arnold Schwarzennegar and some others as examples of men who cheat, to prove a point that there’s a predisposition. OK.

The study he cites asks the question Why? They say its the Dopamine D4 receptor gene that makes men cheat. Malik says its society’s fault that men are forced to conform instead of being free to float all over. Even his 5 year old’s little pee pee “went up” while watching Beyonce videos. OK.

1. Carolyn Moon says:

“Malik, boo, lust is the simple answer. You’re confusing desire with entitlement. Just because it looks good, doesn’t mean you must have it. Lust takes all forms. Hell, I lust after Haagen Daaz, but when I eat it my face breaks out and I get gas. It boils down to selfishness, greed, and an ignorance of one’s higher faculties of the mind, and the ability to control ones desires.
      Malik, you aint as enlightened as you think boo, and thats a complete and utter turnoff.”

Anna once I stopped laughing at part of the above statement, which is true for many lactose intolerant folks..your point rings true.
      Respect, love and commitment to your lover, spouse or partner should trump those fleeting musings and attractions that we encounter on this journey. There are many women who have been married for years and will admit that they’ve found another man attractive/engaging, however, they take their vows and shared love seriously and recognize the appeal for what it is (transient). They move beyond that in lock step with their cherished one! I’ve heard some men say the same thing …framed a little differently but they value the relationship with their significant one over a passing fancy. Many of us want and respect that “One True Thing” in our lives.
      Peace…..

LOL! Yes, I’m thankful that my ice cream lusts are under control. I’m beginning to lose interest, even. People like Malik could save themselves so much wasted energy if they would remember that those attractions are transient. It’s kinda sad, really.

5. For years i thought this man, Malik Yoba was the ultimate man…maybe just from watching him on NY Undercover…who knows. But this, man i just don’t know. It’s like justifiying an act that shouldn’t be justified. Real committment takes sacrifice, and knowing the risks of your behavior. Men may cheat, surely we know that, but it is a choice, not predestined or a gene. My grandparents didn’t cheat and they have the same genes…so this is just some bs to support what you do. If you want to see other women, don’t get married. It’s as simple as that.

Welcome Miz! Yes, it’s some b.s. all spritzed with wildflower fragrance and guitar sweetness. But it’s b.s. all the same.
      The thing I get from Malik is that, yes he did not get married, so he wasnt breaking that taboo, but he’s not satisfied within his heart with this simple d.n.a. conclusion. If he truly felt on a deeper level that going from woman to woman based on a sexual whim was truth of what manhood is, he would have no need to justify the fact that he’s chosen this path to himself. He would have no real reason to even discuss pseudo-science as a reason. He knows that it’s wrong, whether he’s married or not, and latching on to the science/predisposition argument wont make him feel any better. Furthermore, the first line of his song sums him up completely. He told everything about his mindset in that first line. Easy.

1. lmao, i love this “As for thinking he was THE MAN, I thought the same thing. Girl, it was just my projecting a fantasy/fairytale concoction of my own mind on a fine 75% cacao chocolate brotha. Then I went and found out he was only milk chocolate in spirit.”

Exactly!